You may be familiar with this weight loss routine. You go on a diet, start exercising, cut down on the foods you enjoy, and voila, you lose weight fast.
Then, before you know it, you regain all the weight plus some extra pounds. Why is it so hard to stick to the plans? This is because those rapid weight loss diets alone are temporary and they do not work.
Are you one of the many obese and overweight people who spend all your money, time, and effort and end up right back at square one?
Here are seven secrets realistic and easy steps to healthy weight loss. Losing that extra weight fast and permanently for health and vitality:
1. Change your lifestyle: If you want an effective weight loss plan, diet alone will not help you. In order to achieve easy weight loss permanently, you must change your diet lifestyle.
That means you must change your whole approach and develop healthy eating habits towards losing weight and staying healthy. Your diet and exercise routines should be a way of life and not a temporary phase in your life.
2. Drink more water: If you are not properly hydrated, your body will not function at peak levels. It is scientifically proven that drinking 8 glasses of 10oz water per day will significantly reduce weight gain after a few days. Drinking is always essential because it is the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
3. Be active: Maintaining an active lifestyle instead of a sedentary one is a weight loss recipe for success. Being active does not mean that you should do exercise alone. You can achieve effective weight loss through simple movement. For example, parking your car a short distance from your workplace and walking the rest of the way.
4. Set Realistic Goals: In order to achieve easy weight loss permanently, you need to be realistic in achieving your weight loss goals. It is not humanly possible to lose 30 pounds in one week. The only thing that you will accomplish through this is ill health.
Physicians advise that in order to lose weight and still be healthy one should set their weight loss goal at, at least five (5) pounds per week.
5. Practice dietary control and exercise regularly. On the road to achieving effective weight loss you must watch what you consume. Read the labels of food before you purchase them. Ensure that they are low in sugar, low in calories and low in salt.
You should also avoid bad fats such as Omega six fatty acids. More over you must burn up more energy than you consume through eating. One way in which you can accomplish this is through regular exercise at least three times per week, between 30-40 minutes.
6. Get rid of that junk: Say good-bye to fast food, soda and other sugar carbonated drinks. Research shows that dropping these 'fatty foods' from your daily diet will help you to lose at least five pounds per week without doing anything else.
Instead of drinking soda, have a natural home made drink or water, its better for you.
7. Get adequate sleep: To be a capable fat burner machine, you must get enough sleep. The body needs at least 8 hours sleep per night. Do not cheat your body of sleep; you won't be helping yourself if you sleep less. The body needs time to rest and rejuvenate itself.